If you're not seeing your Instagram Page when trying to connect it to ManyChat, there are several possible reasons for this issue. This guide will help you figure out what the problem may be and how to fix it, so you can be on your way to utilizing the many amazing features of ManyChat's Instagram Automations in no time.
There are some reasons
- Major reasons
- Other reasons why you may not be able to see your page
Instagram account is not a Business account
Instagram ONLY allows automations on Business accounts. Please make sure that you converted a Creator account to a Business account before you can use automation. You can change your account type by following these steps:
- Go to Menu → Settings → Account → Switch to Professional account. Follow the instructions and select Business account.
- If you use Creator account you have to switch your profile to a Business account in Menu → Settings → Account → Switch account type to Business Account. Follow the instructions.
- Go back to ManyChat and retry to connect the account
Instagram account is not connected to Facebook Business page
Please make sure that your Instagram accounts, that you’d like to connect, are linked to a Facebook Business Page you are an admin of (not just an Editor). Instagram is a part of Facebook automation ecosystem and this is required to start building automation. To connect it, please follow the steps below:
- Open your Profile on the Instagram app on your phone
- Go to Edit Profile → Public business information → Page → Connect existing Page or Create Facebook Page. Follow the instructions prompted.
- If you don’t see Public business information section, you have to switch your profile to a Business account in Menu → Settings → Account → Switch to Professional account. Follow the instructions.
- Go back to ManyChat and retry after following these instructions
You are not an admin of the Facebook Business page
Make sure you are an admin (not just an editor) of the Facebook Page connected to your Instagram account. Follow the steps below:
- Open your Profile on the Facebook app
- Go to Your Profile → Your Pages → Settings → Page Roles. Check the role you have.
- If you are not an admin, ask an admin of the connected Facebook Page to change your role to admin. Or connect to another Facebook Page on Instagram App where you have the admin role.
Other reasons why you may not be able to see your page
Your Facebook Page doesn't have access to Instagram messages
When you connect your Facebook Page to your Instagram account, you also need to allow access to your Instagram messages. To check if you've allowed access:
- Navigate to your Facebook Business Page and click on the following Manage Page → Inbox → Instagram Direct or Manage Page → Business Suite → Inbox → Instagram Direct. If you see threads and messages, you've already allowed the required access.
- If not, you need to connect your Instagram account. You can also connect your account with the following steps: your Facebook Business Page → Manage Page → Settings → Instagram → Toggle Allow Access to Instagram Messages in Inbox.
- Go back to ManyChat and retry to connect the account.
ManyChat doesn't have permissions to manage this page
When you first connected your Facebook Account to ManyChat, it's possible that you didn't choose all of the pages that you want to manage. This can cause your page not to show up, but fortunately, it's an easy fix:
- Click here to access the list of your Business Integrations on Facebook
- Under the ManyChat app, click View and Edit to navigate to your page's ManyChat settings
- Scroll down until you find Show a list of the Pages you manage. Toggle this permission to be active. It should look like this:
- Check the boxes for each page you want to connect to your ManyChat account. If you don't see the list of pages, it just means that toggling the permission will apply it to all of your pages.
- As soon as you save your settings, return to ManyChat, refresh account list and try to connect account again.
Your Facebook Business Page and Instagram connection needs to be refreshed
If you see a window that says Review Account Connection in the Instagram settings tab on your Facebook Business Page, it means that you need to refresh the connection by clicking on Review Connection.
Please note that in case you are not an owner of this page, you will not see the Review Connection Modal. In this scenario, try to do the following:
- Access the Instagram account you are trying to connect to on the Instagram mobile app
- Go to Edit Profile → Account Centre
- Choose the Facebook page you would like to connect and click "Confirm" and then log in to the owner's account to confirm.
This is an alternative to "Review Connection" in case it is not displayed on the Instagram Tab within Facebook page settings.
If you tried all of the troubleshooting steps above and you're still experiencing issues, please contact our support.